Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's me again, Margaret!

Well, so I didn't get to blog over weekend, but to be honest, I probably won't most weekends. That is the only time that hubby is home, and I'd rather spend time with him and J. But, there really isn't an excuse for not blogging yesterday. Sorry.

Over the weekend, we just kind of hung out around the house, taking it easy.

Fixed lunch on Saturday, invited the In-Laws over. Played Bull (the G version of Bullshit). It's really a fun game, and it never ceases to make us laugh until we cry. Maybe we are easy to please, or it's just a lot of fun. I'm thinking the former. Hubby and J fiddled around in the garden, mostly picking potatoes, yummy, and then went swimming. I went and did some grocery shopping, and then fixed supper. We had steak, and I boiled up some of our taters and just put some butter and a little S & P and garlic on them. Delicious! While enjoying our fine dining, we watched Paul Blart, Mall Cop. Definitely not Academy Award winning material, but still pretty funny. Hubby enjoyed it, as it is his favorite kind of movie, dumb and funny.

Sunday, J and I just hung out around the house while Hubby took his truck to get oil changed. When Hubby returned, we cooked some burgers on the grill. Hubby makes THE BEST burgers. I'm usually in charge of the grill, but I can't even come close to making burgers as good as him. The In-Laws came over to eat, and after they left we watched Jumper. Pretty good movie. Hayden Christensen was a lot better in this movie than he was in Star Wars. Not that he was great, but was definitely and improvement. Then it was time for Hubby to leave to go back to his work home. Boo Hoo!

Yesterday, J and I took it easy. He got a new game, Wii Sports Resort and we played that for quite awhile! LOVE IT! It is soooooooo much fun. Love most of the new games, some are still a little tough for me, but over all, it is great!

Well, think I'm gonna see if J wants to play for a bit before we have to leave for an appointment. I'm sure he'll approve! Not only will he get to play, but he's kind of unusual for a 14 year old, and he actually enjoys doing things with his parents. Freaky but true.

Might blog more tonight, maybe not till tomorrow. We'll see.

Later taters

No comments: