Monday, October 20, 2008

Cooking Ramblings

Found a recipe online for homemade cream of chicken soup concentrate, and since I had some chicken in the crock pot anyway, I decided to give it a whirl. It was delicious! It wasn't the prettiest looking stuff, but it was almost good enough to eat all by itself. I added mine to some rice, with a little water and the previously mentioned chicken, and it was wonderful! Very easy to make, and I have plenty left to use for other recipes, or even soup.



While I was in the cooking mood, I made some strawberry muffins. They weren't homemade, but they were still very tasty, and they looked pretty too.





I also found a use for some mashed sweet potatoes that I had leftover. They weren't very good as originally intended, but there was too much left to throw away. I'm too frugal for that. It was mostly there consistency that wasn't good, the flavor was actually tasty. So, while I was in a cooking mood, I had a thought. I have made potato cakes out of leftover regular mashed potatoes, so I figured it would work with sweet potatoes too. They were really good. My son said they were a lot better than the originals. So, now I know what to do with the other box and a half that I have in the pantry.





Well, I'm gonna go hang with my son until our favorite shows come on.

Until we meet again,

Pngwn






No comments: