Thursday, October 23, 2008

Another Day!

Well, another day come and gone. Got some bad news earlier today, that made me a little grumpy. Was looking forward to the prospect of getting a job watching 2 small children during the week. That kind of job is RIGHT up my alley, but I got an e-mail from the mother and her old sitter is available again, so she is going to use her, but she'll keep my info in case anything happens. I REALLY need to find a job, and except for the lack of insurance, it was about as close to perfect as it could get.
So, back to the old grind, trying to find something else. I have all ready put out quite a few applications and nothing. It's quite frustrating!

Well, enough of that. My boy and I got our flu shots today. We are supposed to have them every year, more for my mother-in-law's health than ours. Due to her cancer and chemo, we have all been advised to have flu shots to protect her. Pretty easy thing to do and it helps us too. She was supposed to have her PET scan yesterday, but the machine broke. Not very reassuring in my opinion. But, she's scheduled for tomorrow, so any and all extra prayers will be appreciated.

I used to homemade cream of chicken soup that I made Sunday to make a bowl of soup last night for supper. It was delicious as an added ingredient to rice or something similar, but it left a lot to be desired as plain soup. So, I probably won't go out of my way to make it on a regular basis, but if I'm out of canned soup, or I have chicken broth on hand, then I might whip up some more. It really was great in the rice, just had a funny texture as soup.

Well, I'm trying to catch up on my TV addiction. Watched my normal shows Survivor and CSI and then I watched Eleventh Hour. Has a more sci-fi edge to it that my son likes. I DVR Grey's Anatomy and ER, and I'm watching ER now. DVR was made for junkies like me. The only nights I don't have something that I regularly watch is Friday and Saturday. But, there are always things to watch that I DVR'd.

Well, I'm gonna go concentrate, cause I'm scatter brained right now. Of course, that doesn't take much.

More babble later!

Pngwn

No comments: